The StreetWise Transitional Employment Program (STEP) is aimed at assisting at-risk job seekers in finding and maintaining sustainable employment. We help individuals eliminate barriers and overcome obstacles to employment and self-sufficiency.
Empowering People to Work!
- A job specialist completes the intake process including verifying employment eligibility, as well as assessing skills and interests.
- The 2-week training program focuses on workplace skills including communication, time management, professionalism, customer services, and problem-solving.
- An employment mentor assists with resume writing, interviewing skills, job searches, and completing pre-employment requirements.
- All participants have access to ongoing support to maintain employment.
Connecting employers to qualified, eligible, and pre-screened employees
- Employers save time and resources as they are connected with a pool of qualified and pre-screened candidates
- We follow-up with our participants and employer partners to ensure satisfaction after hiring
- We can provide financial incentives to employers during the first 30 days of employment through our supportive employer program
- Reduce employee turnover – StreetWise Workforce
In 2014, StreetWise Transitional Employment Program graduates obtained employment in the food service, hospitality, janitorial, and retail sectors.
Our participants have over a 90% job retention rate, and our employers consistently report satisfaction with our program and their new employees.
For more information on the StreetWise Transitional Employment Program, contact Director of Workforce Development, Amanda Jones, at email@example.com or 773-334-6600 (x16).